The Sacramento Community Land Trust has been building from the ground up since 2016.
SacCLT is non-profit, democratic by design, and public-directed, so that means that--as we further solidify our foundation--we will continue to host and take part in many meetings, community gatherings, conferences and other sessions where we ask for public input and seek more members to be active participants in this process of leveling an un-level playing field.
The Steps in Our Process ⤵
2016 - Discussions, Proposals & Presentations
- Presentation to the City Council – Item #16 – October 25, 2016
- Community Land Trust Proposal for SHRA – Presented to the Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Commission on September 21, 2016
- Community Land Trust Proposal – Presented to the Sacramento County Board of Supervisors and the Sacramento City Council – October 25, 2016
- City Community Land Trust Case Study – Municipal support for community land trusts – Lincoln Institute of Land Policy
- Publicly owned vacant lots discussion – August 31, 2016
- Publicly Owned Lots in Sacramento – Letter submitted to Mayor Johnson, Council members and Supervisors June 23, 2016 asking SHRA to place a moratorium on giving or selling any publicly owned lots.
2017 - Committees, Conventions & Elections
- Jan, 2017 - SacCLT Community Outreach Committee plans for public convention and outreach to local community and advocacy groups
- Jan, 2017 - SacCLT Bylaws and Mission Committee begins work of fleshing out Mission, Vision, Values, and structural form of SacCLT
- April, 2017 - First public convention of SacCLT unveils Mission, Vision, Values and Draft Bylaws to community members, followed by active discussions, revisions and brainstorming.
- April, 2017 - SacCLT Convention Follow-up, with further revision and clarification of bylaws and planning for the election of an incorporating board later in the year
- Sep, 2017 - Incorporating Board Election results in full slate of eight community-elected members
- Oct, 2017 - SacCLT Incorporating Board's inaugural meeting