The Sacramento Community Land Trust has been building from the ground up since 2016.
SacCLT is non-profit, democratic by design, and public-directed, so that means that--as we further solidify our foundation--we will continue to host and take part in many meetings, community gatherings, conferences and other sessions where we ask for public input and seek more members to be active participants in this process of leveling an un-level playing field.
The Steps in Our Process ⤵
- March 9, 2019 - Convened SacCLT Community Caucus
- January, 2019 - Continued series of meetings with City, County and Regional leaders and agencies to address land/housing equity issues, forge partnerships and spur forward action
2018 - Finalization, Membership & Partnering
- December 2018 - January 2019 - Began series of meetings with City, County and Regional leaders and agencies to address land/housing equity issues, forge partnerships and spur forward action
- October 20, 2018 - Held second Membership Convention
- June 9, 2018 - Held first Membership Convention and set up 4 SacCLT Neighborhood Groups
- April 3, 2018 - Officially joined as a partner organization of Housing4Sacramento
- April 3, 2018 - Officially endorsed the "Sacramento Renter Protection and Community Stabilization Charter Ammendment"
- March 1, 2018 - Board Officers elected: 2 Co-Chairs, 2 Community Organizers, Secretary, Treasurer
- February 26, 2018 - Officially filed incorporation papers with the state of California
2017 - Committees, Conventions & Elections
- October, 2017 - SacCLT Incorporating Board's inaugural meeting
- September, 2017 - Incorporating Board Election results in full slate of eight community-elected members
- April, 2017 - SacCLT Convention Follow-up, with further revision and clarification of bylaws and planning for the election of an incorporating board later in the year
- April, 2017 - First public convention of SacCLT unveils Mission, Vision, Values and Draft Bylaws to community members, followed by active discussions, revisions and brainstorming.
- January, 2017 - SacCLT Bylaws and Mission Committee begins work of fleshing out Mission, Vision, Values, and structural form of SacCLT
- January, 2017 - SacCLT Community Outreach Committee plans for public convention and outreach to local community and advocacy groups
2016 - Discussions, Proposals & Presentations
- October 25, 2016 - Presentation to the City Council – Item #16
- October 25, 2016 - Community Land Trust Proposal – Presented to the Sacramento County Board of Supervisors and the Sacramento City Council
- September 21, 2016 - Community Land Trust Proposal for SHRA – Presented to the Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Commission
- September 21, 2016 - City Community Land Trust Case Study – Municipal support for community land trusts – Lincoln Institute of Land Policy
- August 31, 2016 - Publicly owned vacant lots discussion
- June 23, 2016 - Publicly Owned Lots in Sacramento – Letter submitted to Mayor Johnson, Council members and Supervisors asking SHRA to place a moratorium on giving or selling any publicly owned lots.